Wednesday 20 April 2016

3 Poems by Randall Karlen Rogers

It Might Be True (but I beg to differ)

I walked out of Nowhere
last night
and went to that Somewhere
I've never really been
comfortable in,
by myself.
I left the wind
with the rain,
I sought out the thunder
of sunny days.
I learned that
tragedy, at length,
is no prelude
to unhappiness. 


The Way 

And massive venous 

bursts
of electricity,
escaped me.
I searched for
the "Nohawk",
on bald men,
men with only fringes
for hair. I
capsized a few
floating Chinese lanterns,
and fast losing
confidence, I wondered
suddenly, as if dumbstruck,
how could I have done
anything, so correct,
and for so long!
I splayed confidence.
Apparently,
I fit in,
and this time I
could eat,
and chewing in
public didn't
bother me. 


It Might Be True (but I beg to differ) II

I walked out of Nowhere
last evening
into a better state
than I had yesterday.
At times I've been
to the best state
which should not
be engaged in too
long, before moral
rot outmaneuvers
lingering lack of
desire, and flagging
interest. 


Bionote 

I am Randall Karlen Rogers, fifty-four, I live in Rapid City, South Dakota, USA. Wild Bill Hickock was killed near here, in the historic city of Deadwood, South Dakota. From 2000 to 2013 I lived in Thailand and Cambodia, running a cool small property hotel and bar. Now I'm here, cowboy-ed and countrified in South Dakota! I do hope all goes well. I cook, I read, I write, I play guitar. Other than that, I really don't do a lot of nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment