Thursday 5 February 2015

2 Poems by Charlie Baylis

Red and black

The black candle burns
The red candle stands
Alone

The black candle is tall
The red candle stands
Alone              

The red candle is small
The black candle stands
Alone

The red candle burns
The black candle stands
Alone


The blues from down here
rl idst

These are the granite walls of my asylum
Lavender leaves shaken by the light
And tremors underneath the surface
Each morning I lower my body under diamond
Each morning I lower my mind into the dawn’s flooding

Amber, to stare into shapes where I’m a silhouette

Stood in striped pyjamas. Mickey Mouse

Jumps off the radio. Dear Robert, the world is up for me

Inch by inch the green wings of my parakeet settle

My foot fall shuffles through the garage

A star twinkles across a line across the garden          
My dear friends, I have stumbled so far from sight
Quite where I’ve gone, I cannot see.


Bionote

Charlie Baylis lives and works in Nottingham, England. He reviews poetry for Stride. His own writing has appeared most recently in Litro, Boston Poetry and Agave. He spends his spare time completely adrift of reality and tumbles, sporadically, here: theimportanceofbeingaloof.tumblr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment