Sunday 5 May 2013

2 Poems by Brent Lucia

Until five

Outsourced and combustible.
In your company’s break room, living ghost stories.
Watching lions
lick their wounds

and little girl’s pray in nobody’s mind.


Dust and Sparkle

When dust sleeps it dreams of becoming sparkle. That’s what we became, burning morning light. A flickering glow that keeps still, sings soft. By night the booze would take and I could hear the crackling of burning photographs. A woman with strangling, blue eyes.
That woman I knew.
She would come. Come find me in the dust.


Bionote

My name is Brent Lucia and I was born and raised in Massachusetts but have been living in New York City for the past ten years. I am currently an adjunct lecturer at City College of New York and have been teaching both literature and writing courses for the past four years. Last fall, my short story “Lady in The Albatross” was published in the online journal, Danse Macabre Du Jour. In the spring of 2012 my short story entitled “Dirty Branches” was published in the Promethean Literary Journal.



1 comment:

  1. Dust and Sparkle was interestingly different.

    ReplyDelete