Saturday 27 April 2013

3 Poems by Denny E. Marshall

Wind Dance Green

Trees dance
With each other
Some dance close
Some far away
Others sing
While others sway
Then settle softly
Till the wind
Kisses them again


Capture

I want to hold you
Like the light
You are
To capture
And put in a jar
To carry around
With me
To shine
Those times
We are apart


The Sign

I am at the point
I do not know what to do
Would it be the best thing
To let her go
I do not know the answers
God, please give me a sign
I do not know what she wants
You know what she is thinking
All the silent covers
All the many fronts
I cannot see through walls
Or the burden that she carries
I would rather hold her
Than walk away
I could be invisible
If that is the way, she feels
If she needs someone to love
I will not let her go
Will it be a mystery
Does she love me
A question I do not think
She may never answer
The hardest part
Is not the pain
The hardest part
Is why?
Oh, God
Please give me a sign
Should I really
Walk away
With something pulling at me
Unexplained
Oh, please give me a sign


Bionote

While Denny E. Marshall has done art & poetry for many years, the last couple of years have brought a lot of first. In 2010, he wrote his first haiku, in 2011 first fiction, and 2012 first article. The article titled “Rejection Is A Good Thing, Stop Whining.” appears online at the Eclectic Eel website on the All about Art page. Denny does not have a Facebook page or Twitter account but does have a website with previously published works.


No comments:

Post a Comment